Meet new people

• May 2, 2006 at 12:52 am #84390
    tan

Hi my name is tania and I have been pulling since I was fifteen Its so good to speak to people with the same problem as me. I dont feel so alone anymore. I have been on this site for hours today and have really enjoyed it. I have also spoken to some great people today. Thank you.

Regard Tania

May 2, 2006 at 3:41 am #84395
    Terri

Hi Tania! Welcome to the site!
    I’m Terri, 36, from PA. Been scalp puller for almost 13 years. Lost a lot of hair on my head! So, I do wear wigs.
    Hope you are finding your way thru the site well. Lots & lots of info on here. Got a question, suggestion, etc., just ask. Don’t be shy, we are all here for the same reason. Glad to have you aboard!
    Take care!
    Hugs!

May 2, 2006 at 3:42 am #84396
    Terri

Hi Tania! Welcome to the site!
    I’m Terri, 36, from PA. Been scalp puller for almost 13 years. Lost a lot of hair on my head! So, I do wear wigs.
    Hope you are finding your way thru the site well. Lots & lots of info on here. Got a question, suggestion, etc., just ask. Don’t be shy, we are all here for the same reason. Glad to have you aboard!
    Take care!
    Hugs!

May 2, 2006 at 9:02 am #84409
    hayley

hi i chatted to you yesterday and i can say hand on my heart we are in the right place, i am also new and only a week ago learnt it had a name this trich lol and i have had it for 25 years and pull from my scalp cant say i have had a pull free day yet but i will . WE ALL WILL . got to go chat soon 😛 😀 :starneo:

May 2, 2006 at 12:42 pm #84429
    Beck

Hi Tania,

A very warm welcome to the site! You’ll find a lot of support and advice here, it’s a great place to be 😀

I’ve been pulling from my scalp since I was 16, and am now nearly 24. I’m 15 days pull free at the moment thanks to this site and online therapy with the webmistress Neomie. Pull free is definitely possible!

You are definitely not alone. There are so many fellow trichsters out there and on this site. We’re all dedicated to helping one another through this disorder and to getting back to pull free 😎

Do come back and post often – we wanna hear how you’re doing! It’s great to see new additions to the site, and I’m really pleased you found us! 😀

Love and pull free vibes
    beck xxx

May 2, 2006 at 3:31 pm #84440
    Amelia

Hi Tania

My name is Amelia and I’m so glad you found this site. I myself rarely use the internet, but I know how therapeutic this site can be, so I’m trying to log onto here more often! I’m currently in therapy with the coach on this site, and am now pull free! She has been an enormous help to me. Just logging on to this site is a great step to take, because it shows you that you are definately not alone. It’s great to meet you! Amelia

PS. Beck—It’s great to see your name!

May 2, 2006 at 4:56 pm #84444
    Rose

this site is brill Tan i have only been here two weeks my self and already i feel welcome people are so nice its like we are all part of one big family, hope to speak to you soon in the chat room

Rosexxxxxxxxxxx

Stay strong and lots of pull free vibesxxxxx 😎

May 2, 2006 at 5:20 pm #84446
    AJ

Hi and Welcome Tania

I’m Mandy and pulled from my scalp for approx 28 years and have worn wigs for the last 11 or so.
    This site is wonderful in so many ways. Realising that other people could control their pulling and remain pull free for months even years inspired me and I’ve now been pull free for 14 months. The support and understanding here really is outstanding.

Looking forward to following your journey to pull freedom.

Mandy x

May 2, 2006 at 5:24 pm #84447
    Jen

Hi Tania,

Was great to meet you in chat yesterday. Welcome to the site, I am glad you are finding it enjoyable and now know you are definitely not alone!

Hopefully see you in chat again soon.

Take care
    Jen

May 3, 2006 at 1:23 am #84505
    naomi

Hi Tania,

I am so glad to meet you. I have only joined this site recently and now am pull free for 18 days. I have pulled hair from my scalp for 30 years to the point of having bald spots on each side of my head and on the top of my head. Currently my hair is a million different lengths and one spot in back looks like someone cut a chunk out of it as it is about 6 inches shorter than the rest. I also would eat the hair I pulled out. This site is great, have found so much support and hope here and I know you will too. Post often and let us know how you are doing.

Rachel

May 4, 2006 at 6:13 pm #84650
    Beck

Hi Tania,

Hope you’re doing ok – please do let us know how things are going! 😀

AMELIA!! It’s *so* lovely to see you post! How are you?! How are things going? I unfortunately fell off the pull free wagon, and have only just got back on it really. I’ve had a few pull free runs since I had my cute short hair cut in 2002, but nothing long lasting. I’m 17 days pull free now and hoping that my pull-freedom will be permanent this time! I’d love to hear from you and how you’re getting on. My email address is just the same as it was before (the AOL one). It’d be great to catch up with you!

Love and pull free vibes
    beck xxx

May 5, 2006 at 3:52 am #84675
    portia

Hi to all of you new and newish people! It’s great that this website has such a following. I’m grateful for the internet, cuz when I started pulling was before people even had personal computers. (Yes, that makes me sort of old, but not yet 40) So every few years I’ve googled Trichotillomania and never come up with anything until March of this year. I’m overjoyed that I found this site because coming here everyday is what has kept me pull-free. So far I’ve been pull-free since the first day I came here and I intend to keep it up. I guess something about being together with other people like me has finally given me the strength I need to quit pulling. I hope this wonderful website has the same effect on all of you. Love Love Love Portia

May 8, 2006 at 3:09 am #84893
    Jennifer

Welcome Tania. Yes..it’s a good feeling knowing you’re not the only one, and have others you can talk to about trich. Everyone here is great, as well as the site! See ya around. 🙂

May 9, 2006 at 12:06 am #84945
    Cathy

Hey Tania, welcome to the site :pnk

Im Cathy, pulled my scalp since i was 11, and im now 19.

It feels so good to finally have people to talk about this with, most of us share certain personality traits.

Hope to see you around, and in chat

Take care :bh:

May 9, 2006 at 2:59 pm #84999
    Amelia

Hi Beck

I also fell off the pull free wagon but got back on a couple of months ago when I started therapy with Neomie. Congrats on your 17 days pull free!!!

Tania, the people on this website truly are a huge step in supporting you to becoming pull free. It takes a lot of courage just to log on to the message board. And even more courage to post on it. But the benefit it brings is priceless. I plan to begin getting on the computer and logging on more often. I am pretty stubborn, so it took me pulling out too many hairs to come back to the site. But I knew exactly where to turn for help!

Amelia

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.