My daughter (16 months) is fiddling with her lashes. Help!!!

• April 5, 2013 at 07:02 #147385
    singingowl

I really need some advice. My little girl keeps pulling at her lashes when she’s tired. SHe must have seen me do it. I’ve been trying to not do it in front of her recently as I spotted her doing it a few weeks ago. She did it again last night when she was very tired. And again this morning. I don’t know what to do!!

Should I pinch her or distract her?? She needs to stop before it becomes a habit. I’m not a psychologist. I don’t know what the best thing to do is.

Does anyone know what to do when this happens????? Any experienvce of this??

I’m grateful for any advice. I’m desparate!!

Thanks

April 15, 2013 at 20:57 #147470
    dinoone

You can never know if this is the start of trich, but if it is its amazing you caught it so early.

I would definitely try to distract her with other things to occupy her hands with, pinching her may not be good as its negative reinforcement. Also reinforce that it is not a good thing to do, the sooner she learns that the better. She is very young so it be easier to nip it in the bud quick.

I don’t have experience of this, so I don’t know how helpful this will be.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

C x

March 31, 2017 at 10:50 #154056
    Neomie
    Keymaster

Thanks for your question. Please update us on progress because I am very hopeful you will have nipped this in the bud. I certainly would not pinch her. Distraction is definitely the way to go.

I would go one step further and play with some toys by stroking them on your own face. Make lovely mmmm type noiseds. She will want to do the same.

Let us know if you’re still having problems or if you have fixed the problem and can help others.

Love and pull freedom
    Neo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.