New to TSO – WAS doing well….

• April 26, 2013 at 2:42 pm #147507

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d introduce myself, I’m Charlotte and I found this site last month. It spurred me on to really go for another shot at stopping pulling and I did well, not pulling at all in 13 days, which was amazing for me.

Slipping back into my old ways now which is really disheartening, because I was doing so well. I really felt almost as thought I’d already stopped – I didnt have any urges and felt like I just had to sit back and wait.

Not the case. I am in the middle of final year exams of my degree, so possibly not the best time to try and stop but I thought if I can do it now, at a really stressful point in my life, then keeping it up should be easy, right?

Anyway, just thought I’d say hi and hopefully I can regain some optimism about being pullfree by reading all of your lovely posts in the other sections of the forum.

Thanks for reading,
    Charlotte

April 26, 2013 at 5:48 pm #147510
    stuart

Charlotte x good luck in your exams and keep us posted how you are doing becoming PF

April 26, 2013 at 7:55 pm #147512
    AuntyShell

Hi Charlotte and welcome!

There’s a quote I often see on inspirational web pages that goes along the lines of “you’re only losing if you quit. As long as you keep trying, you are winning”

Becoming pull free wont happen instantly. It is a tough, long road. you will be doing so well, then all of a sudden, for what appears to be no reason, you will go back into your old ways. Even though you promised yourself and the rest of the world that you wouldn’t.
    Don’t let this slip ups and backward steps dishearten you.

I had been pulling for 17 years and just recently went 8 weeks pull free. Last week I relapsed. This Wednesday I got a kick up the bum to get motivated again, yesterday I pulled one hair out, and so far today I haven’t pulled any.

It really is a rollercoaster ride, full of highs and lows. but if we keep aiming for our PF goals, we will eventually get there. I hope you keep using this forum to let us know how you’re getting on. There are plenty of tips and advice to help you along the way. xxx

April 27, 2013 at 9:58 am #147514

Thank you smoggy1986 + AuntyShell!

I now have that quote written in big letters on my desk (where I spend most of my time now) so I know that not giving up is as much the goal as becoming pullfree.

This site is fantastic! Full of advice and its so nice to know that I’m not alone in this. I have already put my tweezers in a bottle of water and frozen it, as recommended by someone, so I can’t get to it unless they’re needed for an emergency 🙂 That’s helped loads in my week of not pulling.

Right, today becomes Day 1 again. I’ve been recording my progress on a calendar.

Gonna get that tick in a box today.

Thank you so much for your support, I’m determined again to not let this thing beat me.

Charlotte xxx

April 27, 2013 at 10:40 am #147516
    AuntyShell

Wishing you the best of luck Charlotte!

Be sure to keep stopping by and telling us how you are going. Your determination is a great inspiration to the rest of us.

Keep it up xxx

April 27, 2013 at 10:41 am #147517

By the way I meant to say – 8 weeks is brilliant! Well done!

I’m going to try and take it a day at a time and then hopefully one day, I can make it to 8 weeks 🙂

Charlotte xxx

April 27, 2013 at 11:01 pm #147522
    stuart

Keep up the good work Charlotte x one day at a time is good and aunt shell you are my guiding star on here always supporting when times are tough. So a big thanks to you and hope you’re back on track soon. Ps sessions finished now and so much happier now more people know I have trich. Both of you keep us posted but you can follow me on twitter same x

May 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm #147611

Hi,

Just thought I would let you know – did another week without pulling :). Just broken it unfortunately, but instead of beating myself up about it, I’m still quite proud of what I’ve achieved. Got some regrowth and actually starting to get some eyebrow shape back (which is awesome!).

Also, doing a review for some growth serum and eyebrow extender that I bought recently in the make up section of this site so that something good to concentrate on.

Exams are over but I’m still busy so thats a good position to be in and I guess, all in all, I’m feeling pretty content right now.

Gonna beat this thing.

Thanks again for all your help 🙂 – this site is amazing. Recently, bought my laptop online and was registered with easyfundraising so hopefully so donation money should start making its way to TSO. Also, trying to convince as many friends and family to sign up to it, as hopefully lots of small donations then turn into big donations and keep this great site running.

Much love,
    Charlotte

May 15, 2013 at 1:16 pm #147612
    Neomie
    Keymaster

Charlotte, I’m sorry to hear you slipped up. One little slip up isn’t a failure though, as you know. My own example of this is that I kept slipping up after three months. If I had given up trying because of this, I would not now be several years pull free.

So keep at it, and thank you for the encouragement regarding the website. I am working very hard at it.

Love and pull freedom
    Neo

May 15, 2013 at 2:29 pm #147613
    AuntyShell

I love your positive attitude Charlotte!! It’s a shame that you had a slip up, but it’s great to see you keep on going.

I’m so excited for you having new regrowth, I remember how fantastic it made me feel when I my eyelashes started coming back 😀

Keep up the fantastic work & I look forward to hearing how you get on xx

May 16, 2013 at 8:09 am #147618
    Skinwriter

You’re doing fantastically, we have our pom-poms shaking with support for you =)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.