Physical pain

• November 24, 2005 at 10:19 pm #73069
    Bush

Howdy all.

Does anyone else feel a very physical pain in their chest (like it’s your heart) when they feel emotional pain? I always have and assumed everyone did because people often say that things hurt them, but my boyfriend has no idea what I’m talking about. I always feel as though my heart is breaking whenever he returns to uni.

So is it just me, is it a trichster thing, or is Nick just lucky? It hurts so much, and I know it’s what caused me to cut myself, as I’d do anything to distract myself from that pain.

Please let me know, as now I’ve got thinking about this I’m gettting really curious!
    Love and hugs,
    Bush

November 24, 2005 at 11:40 pm #73073
    angelo

Hello Bush hope all is well for you. Ido not feel the pain in my heart but i know others that do.It could be something some feel and others dont.Here in the USA its more a saying i feel the pain in my heart meaning its something very painful and something very close and dear to you. If you are having chest pains do get it checked out. Heart attacks can get anyone at any age. Happy holidays byeee XxxAfvel

November 25, 2005 at 1:04 am #73081
    loogurl

heya bush!

yeah, i do know what u mean – that horrid deep-black feeling inside, is just awful. but for you it must be bad cos your honey has left. i know he’s gone back to uni, so that must be heart-breakin. you will stay strong – as always – i just know it. d’you know, your boyf is proper dead lucky to have you as a girlf cos you are such a lovely gurl!!! i too can easily relate to that awful gut-wrenchin-pain that u mentioned and if you wanna talk about anything or hear my very long story of feeling like that every day – you know where my pm board is!

loadsa love,

lou xx

November 26, 2005 at 5:53 pm #73187
    Sessy

No, but I do feel a sort of pressing feeling on my chest when I’m depressed or down.

November 27, 2005 at 1:04 am #73201
    Hanna

I get that pressing feeling in my chest as well when I feel low, And I get a weird feeling in my belly when I feel anxious, sure there’s word for that. Think a lot of emotions cause a physical reaction.

December 21, 2005 at 4:56 am #74393
    Sessy

I read some research that claimed that said that our guts are apparently spiked with nerves which act like some sort of resonance can for our brain. It dumps the emotional activity there, kinda.

Anyway according to the research, “having a gut feeling” should be taken literally, because the nerves of the guts are apparently able of transmitting and processing emotions.

December 22, 2005 at 6:01 pm #74483
    Rose

Wow….I get that feeling in my chest when I’m in emotional pain, and it seems more intense the more pain I’m in. I always thought it was purely psychological, but I guess it’s partially physical. Interesting.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.