You're 'avin a larf, incha?
[ You're 'avin a larf, incha? ]

·Famous last words !
·How to be generally annoying
·Proverb
·Just for fun ANTI STRESS DIET
·Psychiatric Hotline

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Strattera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strattera

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Medication
View previous topic :: View next topic  

x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Strattera Reply with quote

We have apparantly found both the trigger and cure for my 10 1/2 year old son's trichotillomania. He has been on Strattera for two years for ADHD. About three months ago, his psychiatrist wanted to try taking him off of Strattera, because at his appointment he had an accelerated heart rate, and he thought it might be caused by the Strattera. Within one week of taking him off the Strattera the trichotillomania started. I had no idea what trichotillomania was, so I implored him to stop pulling out his eyelashes, to no avail. After about three weeks of eyelash and eyebrow pulling, I got a call from his school that he had pulled out a large patch from his scalp. This was the first time I had ever heard the word Trichotillomania. The school social worker was very helpful with giving me info to start helping my son. That day was the only day he has ever pulled from his scalp, strangely. I consulted a new psychiatrist, a psychologist, a behaviorist and his pediatrician, and they all agreed that he probably has had OCD/trichotillomania for some time, and the Strattera was keeping it under control. Research is now finding that Strattera works as an antidepressent, as well as helping with ADHD symptoms. My son has been back on Strattera for two months, and his pulling and urges are about 99% gone. He has been in CBT therapy, and a low sugar diet as well, and he is doing a much better job with handling his stress, and finding other things to do to relieve his anxiety.

I haven't been able to find any connection between trichotillomania and Strattera, other than my own experience. Has anyone else heard any info on it?
Emma3535

x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) - onlinecheappills. com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Medication All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: