Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

Trisha The Trichster
[ Trisha The Trichster ]

·Trisha the Trichster in
·Trisha The Trichster in Post Holiday Hammocks
·Trisha the Trichster in the Great Eyeshadow Eclipse

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - GET UP AND MOVE!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GET UP AND MOVE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving me crazy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuntyShell
Respected Regular
Respected Regular

x

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: GET UP AND MOVE! Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea to get to know your trichotillomania. Make a list of all the places and times you know you are going to be tempted to pull.
For me it's watching telly, reading a book and wasting time on the computer. I guess I get bored or zone out, and that's when my hands start creeping up to the lashes I've been trying so hard to grow.

I obviously don't want to undo all the good work Ive done, so I put a time limit on my tasks and get up and change what I'm doing. I find it helps a lot.

Most people love to read a good book, and once it starts to get interesting, it's hard to put it down. But the more I get comfortable and the more I read, the more likely I am to pull. So before I sit down to read, I put a stopwatch on and only allow myself 30 minutes. Once the 30 mins is up, I get up, and do something completely different.

Same with watching the tv. If I find my hands creeping up to my eyes, I switch it off and find something else to do.

Even late at night in bed when the urge was so strong, I got out of bed, ran on the spot for a while, did some star jumps, had a big glass of water and went back to bed with some nice relaxing music.

For me it is so so helpful to make sure I get up and move about, instead of sitting around doing the same thing all day, evening and night. Shake things up a bit.

If you're feeling frustrated, maybe doing the same could help you out? xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving me crazy! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: