Search

Languages

Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

Therapy
[ Therapy ]

·Forgiveness

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Tell your story to help others?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell your story to help others?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Magazines and newspapers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natashasdh

x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Tell your story to help others? Reply with quote

Hi,

Im a journalist looking for a woman in the UK who suffers with Trichotillomania to speak about how it started, how they are now and what/if anything has helped them.

The article would be for a women's magazine and would hopefully get people more aware of Trichotillomania and ways in which to help.

The piece would be really positive and anyone taking part would of course get paid for their time and get to read any article before publication.

If you would be interested or just have any questions please get in touch on

Thanks! bunny2
Tammy
Friendy Fledgling
Friendy Fledgling

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Publicity Reply with quote

Hi Natasha,

I read your post with great interest. I agree that there is a real need for people to have more information about trichotillomania to help them develop a better understanding. Beyond that I feel it would help to raise awareness and hopefully increase current research into the condition.

If you are still in need of someone then please do contact me. Perhaps what would be a good idea is to do a snap-shot article. For example, if you could find four or five people with trichotillomania, partners or family members and a couple of professionals to meet up.

The article could introduce everyone in say 100 - 200 words and then there could be either a question and answer session or a general discussion about what trichotillomania is, how it makes trichsters feel, how it affects partners/family, what are the current NHS strategies / thoughts / treatments in relation to trichotillomania.

Obviously a lot of trichsters are concerned primarily with their appearance and first impressions. Therefore I think it would be better to have a positive photo of each of the trichsters...i.e. with hair and make-up done....which will help the general public view them as individuals rather than 'suffers'.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Hugs and best wishes, Tammy
Unicorn
Site Saver
Site Saver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to talk about my battle with trichotillomania. I know I'm probably too late for this but would be happy to be considered in the future. There needs to be more publicity about trichotillomania and how it affects us
Unicorn
Site Saver
Site Saver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to talk about my battle with trichotillomania. I know I'm probably too late for this but would be happy to be considered in the future. There needs to be more publicity about trichotillomania and how it affects us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Magazines and newspapers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: