Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:01 pm Post subject: Lash and Brow puller help.
Just wondering if any of you have any helpful suggestions on how to stop pulling out eyelashes and eyebrows. I feel very insecure and hate sitting next to other people... especially in school. Any suggestions would be amazing!
Joined: May 19, 2015 Posts: 7 Location: Scotland x
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 pm Post subject: Hi there
Like you, I pull from my eyelashes and eyebrows. I started when I was in high school, so I have some experience on how it feels to have people noticing.
I never wore any make-up to school, and I personally wouldn't recommend it. Although filling in your eyebrows may seem like a solution, it can sometimes make the issue more noticeable. If you really want to wear make-up to cover it up, I suggest watching tutorials on youtube. There's a lot of support out there.
Personally, when I keep rubber bouncy balls and cold, polished stones and trinkets in my pockets, and whenever I was bored I would would roll them in my fingers. I doubt teachers would notice if you kept them in your pockets, and if there is an issue with that, you can say it's for a medical issue.
Also, if you're able to, tell others about your condition. Ask trusted friends to tell you if you're starting to pull.
You could also chew chewing gum - that might take your mind off it. Drinking cold water often helps too.
You could wear rings on the fingers you pull with, or paint the nails a different colour, so you're more aware of when you're pulling.
I really hope this helps! You have all my support. Remember that you are unique - don't be too self conscious, because you are a wonderful person. All the best,
It may not help for everyone but this helps for me:
1. Wear fake eyelashes. Then everytime i go to pull i realise im wearing them and stop myself. Also makes me feel less ugly
2. Mascara. Instead of pulling lashes out u can gently pull out the mascara
3. Get a friend to physically stop u. Most of the time i passively pull and am not aware i am doing it. Get a friend to tap u or nudge u ever time they see u pulling.
4. Keeping busy. Occupy ur hands, i normally pull when one of my hands is free e.g when texting or writing. Keeping both hands busy may help u to cut down. Tapping and stress balls may also help
5. NOT PROMOTING. However, often when i have a big urge i self harm instead. This takes away the tension to pull as well as allowing me to use both my hands. The way i see it- I'd rather have cuts i can hide than no eyelashes and no eyebrows. This also does not really affect me to much as i self harm for other reasons as well. Not encouraging this though- just saying what helps me.
I'm a 15 year old girl. I have anxiety, depression, severe thanatophobia, bad trichotillomania. Good luck sweetie! X
Thanks so much, I already self-harm a bit, I scratch my arms and pinch myself to punish myself or when I'm angry to let relief out! I only told my parents as I got a massive feel of guilt of what I did before all of this. I hide it all the time though, I hate my friend, she always says to me that I go bright red and makes fun of me, I talked to her once and she said look at your eyelashes and said do you pluck them, tweeze them... Ever since then when I sit near her she stares at my face and says, they haven't grown yet! I didn't tell her obviously I wouldn't and I lied and said I didn't know why they were falling out and since then I have been so scared cos she said she would research it for me. I hate her but she's the only friend I have and she still doesn't trust me! She runs off with a girl called Laiba and talks s*** about me. It feels good to get that out. Hope y'all understand, xxx
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum