· Web Links
· Your Account

Search

Languages

Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

Meetings
[ Meetings ]

·Bad hair day? More like a bad hair life!
·How Often Do You Feel Like A Failure
·Trich Meet Ups - why it's worth being brave
·Trichnic 2004
·Linseeds help

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Not a cure-all, but may help with scalp pulling
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not a cure-all, but may help with scalp pulling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> What Helps you Stop Pulling?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloridaGirl
Friendy Fledgling
Friendy Fledgling

x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Not a cure-all, but may help with scalp pulling Reply with quote

My solution? Germ-X. Yes, that stupid waterless sanitizer. Get the lotion/soap pump type and pump it directly on the scalp where the "hot spot" is. Why I think it works? 1- It gives a tingly sensation, and almost mocks the feeling one might get from pulling. 2- That stuff is slippery. Can't pull if you can't grab the hair. 3- I've found that oily spots are what bothers me the most. Alcohol is a drying agent, and well, dries up some of the oil.*

The idea comes from observing my dad. He has a skin disorder on the scalp that would make him itch until he bled. He used alcohol to calm it, so one day, I tried this.

*In some recent research on trichotillomania, I've found an article writen by a father of a trichster. His daughter shaved his head, and the barber put on a clay mask to absorb some of the oil. Turns out the oiliest spots were his daughter's "hot spots".
afvel
Chat King Cole
Chat King Cole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: artical Reply with quote

Hello Floridagirl i read that artical and have been using sea breeze and aloe vera get for over a year now..Iam bald it sure helps with hot spots.Sometimes i use the cream to stop itching.Istoped useing the stuff for a few weeks big mistake i pulled like crazy and scalp got very oily to.So am back to doing it again love the smell of sea breeze to. If you try it dont get sensitive skin sea breeze it not as strong i found see ya byeeeeeee Afvel
jellowind
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'm gonna try the germ-x thing right now.
i really hope it doesn't burn. croc
jellowind
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it worked!
It wasn't that much of a tingling sensation to me, but it felt kind of like icy-hot before it goes hot. What i mean to say is that it was cool and relaxing, and i didn't feel like pulling! croc
rhino

x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: ***Try ICYHOT*** Reply with quote

Hey this is my first post to a rich support website. I've been dealing with severe trichotillomania for over 10 years. I can't wait to go to the store to try the hand sanitizer! But for those who still have trouble please go and get a bottle of ICYHOT. Like the hand soap, ICYHOT targets the nerves that give us so many problems. The "hot spots" that you guys have described become completely numbed out. I stop pulling immediately after applying the ointment to my head or wherever hot spot is giving me the urge to pull.

Please Try It!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> What Helps you Stop Pulling? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: