·The Outcome of Treatments Available
·Letting your Hair BE comes from self-acceptance
·When searching for Split Ends becomes an Obsession
·Social Problems associated with Trichotillomania
·Maximise Your Growth Potential
·Amazing Pictures
·Scots Lead the Way

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Bought "eyelash/brow growth serum" and "brow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought "eyelash/brow growth serum" and "brow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Make Up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlotte_can_be

x

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bought "eyelash/brow growth serum" and "brow Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know of my experiences in terms of make up. I'm a brow puller and it got to the point one day, recently after finding this site, that I had basically two tiny tufts of hair left at the end of each eyebrow and that was it.

It kinda gave me a kick up the bum and along with reading the stories of everyone else here, I was determined to give stopping another proper go.

I was looking on Groupon (a deal site) and spotted a deal for a "Divaderme" eyelash or eyebrow growth serum and an eyebrow extender set. I was intrigued. And went for it.

The eyebrow serum, you have to use for 30 days straight and apply a tiny amount at bedtime. Its full of supposedly good stuff - rosemary to stimulate growth, and ginseng root promote blood circulation and all other good stuff that you can read about if you're interested. I am reserving judgement until I've given it the 30 days. Slightly skeptical but am going to be fair.

The eyebrow extender - I absolutely love. I am doing well on my comeback, yet to do longer that a week but I have got some form of eyebrow shape kinda coming back (woo!). I used this extender once, as I currently draw them on (boo...) but fell in love with it. Basically its a mineral clay based product with tiny tiny fibres in it which cling onto whatever hairs you have and also my bare skin. If you slightly wet smooth skin, it sticks better and once it dries - was fairly durable. I loved it because it looks completely different to the "draw in" effect which men are oblivious too (which is great because I'm on an engineering course and they don't spot a thing) but women seem to clock at fifty paces and then question you on it.

Unfortunately I have only got enough hair for it to look awesome on one eyebrow, the other is posing to be slightly more difficult, so I am saving the extender now until I am in the position to use it on both easily.

Meanwhile, review still continues on the growth serum and I shall let you know how it goes Smile.

Hope this helps - I would say that buying these has triggered the best fight back against my trichotillomania that I have done so far - so for me, even if it was water in these bottles, they have been worth the money Smile. But I'm going to try and do an honest review for anyone who's interested.

Much love,
Charlotte
AuntyShell
Respected Regular
Respected Regular

x

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great post, Charlotte. Thanks for sharing!

Can both these products be used on the eyelashes also? Or just the serum?

I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes. I think its great that even if it scientifically doesn't work, it's still given you the boost of motivation to get the ball rolling in becoming PF. xx
charlotte_can_be

x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry I've been off radar, summer placement kicked in recently and feeling a bit displaced again.

But, update on the products! The eyebrow serum (possibly due to my incessant pulling) didn't seem to increase the growth speed by a noticeable amount BUT it did make the regrowth softer when it appeared. For me, that's important because I'm less likely to pull if it's not 'prickly'.

The eyebrow extender (sorry AuntyShell, should have responded sooner!) I think is really only for eyebrows, I'd be a bit nervous of getting the fibres in my eyes otherwise. I checked it out, there is a "fixer" that you can use for bald patches and build it up gradually in layers.

My overall impression of these is that they not miracle cures in the slightest BUT they are useful tools. In my opinion for the price they were on the deal, I'm happy to use as many different tools as it takes to get to being pull-free.

Good luck everyone!
anmol77

x

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can both these products be used on the eyelashes also? Or just the serum?????

=== ===
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Make Up All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: