·The Outcome of Treatments Available
·Letting your Hair BE comes from self-acceptance
·When searching for Split Ends becomes an Obsession
·Social Problems associated with Trichotillomania
·Maximise Your Growth Potential
·Amazing Pictures
·Scots Lead the Way

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Anyone in Perth Wa?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone in Perth Wa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Lash and Brow Pullers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarewithnohair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Anyone in Perth Wa? Reply with quote

Hi Im along trime trichotillomania sufferer and untill i found this site by googling 'people that pull out there eyelashes' Id never even thought that there would be anyone other than me that does it to themselves. since iv found this site (3 days ago lol) iv been pull free, not been that hard as im almost bald again from pulling out all my weeks of growing in one fell swoop. I have been searching and i can not find a support group here in Perth Wester Australia...and seeing as im not the best or fastest typer it would be great to meet in person some other people that suffer trichotillomania. All my previous weeks of growing i started on my hair to compensate.....NEVER before have done that in 20 years of pulling and now im just so damn determined to never pull again.
littllmiss

x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from perth!!
I too only just discovered this was not just my problem. I thought i must be damaged or something!, i dont seem to be as bad as some others on here, but i tell u my shame, guilt and relapsing issues are right up there!
Have u found anyone else in perth??
Speak soon
Xx
Myks

x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

Hi girls

I just noticed you are both from perth, I am too.
Its definitely nice to know there are other people living here with my same problem. I too thought I must be the only person in the world doing this.
I really hope I can stop.

How are you both going?
Clarissa

x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: I'm also from Perth WA Reply with quote

Hi I am also from Perth, WA and have trichotillomania. Are you guys still around as I see you posted in 2011 but this is my first visit to the site. Do you know if there is any kind of support group here in Perth? I have had this condition since I was 8 years old but I have never met a single other person who suffers from it. I'm going through a particularly bad pulling phase at the moment.

[quote="Myks"]Hi girls

I just noticed you are both from perth, I am too.
Its definitely nice to know there are other people living here with my same problem. I too thought I must be the only person in the world doing this.
I really hope I can stop.

How are you both going?[/quote]
new_at_this

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Im 21 years old. Currently living in Perth.
I have had trichotillomania since I was in year 7. 9 years.. I want it to stop. All of last year I was aware that I was doing it, it wasn't an absent minded thing. It would start of absentminded but then i would continue knowing, and I would get so mad and frustrated that I couldn't stop.

This year is the first time I have committed to myself that I have to address the issue that I have.
I still don't know what may of caused it, but I am trying to find out. It is hard because I have to delve into feels that I never knew i had or avoided.
This is the first time that I'm actually admitting to myself that I have an issue and I want to try anything I can to stop.

If you guys are still around on this page and still in perth and know of any support groups happening or are willing to catch up for a coffee, please let me know.
It seems like Perth doesn't have a big enough "following" like Melbourne and Sydney do.
Clarissa

x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi New_at_this

Congratulations on committing yourself to address this issue. I made the same decision myself about a year ago.

I started by telling my husband, parents and best friend - this was a terrifying first step but they were very supportive and I actually felt quite relieved after finally sharing my 'guilty secret'.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any support groups here in Perth. I'd be more than happy to meet up for a coffee (I've never actually met anyone else before who suffers from trichotillomania). Feel free to send me a private message to arrange a time and place that suits.

P.S I also found a couple of hairdressers in Perth who have a some other clients with trichotillomania so they are not phased by it at all Smile
beachhutter
Friendy Fledgling
Friendy Fledgling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI new-at-it,

You said something that I agree with in that my pulling is not stress related. I remember some lady on this site saying when she retired from a stressful job the urges to pull would disappear . In fact it got worse.
Mum_of_hair_puller

x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

New to all this forum, chat stuff but my daughter is a hair puller and has been for the past 4 years, she's now 15. We'd love for her to meet up with anyone for Perth WA, who's in the same situation, to help with the isolation she feels and to make sure she knows she not alone or is some sort of (in her words) "freak" (please don't take offense, this is the analogy she uses). We feel we can't give her all the support she needs as we really have no understanding of what she goes through on a daily basis. If anyone would be interested in meeting up for a coffee with her, please don't hesitate to contact me. As her parents, it's crippling watching her struggle and we want to surround her with people who may be able to offer support on another level.
Thank you!
rachii4

x

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: hairdressers in perth familiar with trichotillomania? Reply with quote

Hello there could you please be kind enough to tell me where the hairdressers in perth who have other trichotillomania patients are? Been trying to find one for a long time where I didn't need to explain to them what the condition was. Thank you would be much appreciated xo

Rach
rachii4

x

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there everyone
I'm also from perth with trichotillomania! Glad I'm not alone as it is a very lonely thing and no one talks about it. Halfthe doctors I have seen don't even know what it is before I mention it. Because e of this my question is does anyone know any health professionals such as psychologists, doctors or any hair dressers, wig shops that you have experienced or know of as having has previous experience of trichotillomania clients etc...

I hope this post makes sense sorry I am typing on my phone and I'm not that great at it Smile

Thanks guys much appreciated wishing t you all love and support I know hiw much this condition sucks and how much of a viscous cycle it can be.

MWA love rach x
katiejane

x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

I have been to viva la blonde in perth city and Chantelle was really great about my trichotillomania. She said it was really common and make me feel at ease Smile
katiejane

x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MumOHP

I know it has been over a year since you posted, I am new to this forum. I hope your daughter is going well. If you think she would still benefit from catching up with a fellow hair puller for a coffee I would be happy to meet her, just so that she knows that she isn't alone and there are other people out there who are living happy and full lives in spite of their pulling Smile

I am quite a bit older than your daughter - 27, although I look younger.

Please get in touch if your daughter would like to meet me, or if you'd like to know more about me first.

All the best,

Katie

[quote="Mum_of_hair_puller"]Hi all,

New to all this forum, chat stuff but my daughter is a hair puller and has been for the past 4 years, she's now 15. We'd love for her to meet up with anyone for Perth WA, who's in the same situation, to help with the isolation she feels and to make sure she knows she not alone or is some sort of (in her words) "freak" (please don't take offense, this is the analogy she uses). We feel we can't give her all the support she needs as we really have no understanding of what she goes through on a daily basis. If anyone would be interested in meeting up for a coffee with her, please don't hesitate to contact me. As her parents, it's crippling watching her struggle and we want to surround her with people who may be able to offer support on another level.
Thank you![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Lash and Brow Pullers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: