Random Headlines

Friendship
[ Friendship ]

·A fresh start for all of us
·A SENSE OF CONNECTION
·Send E-Cards and encourage others
·Idle Gossip

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - I CANT STOP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I CANT STOP!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebecca123

x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: I CANT STOP!!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

Ive been pulling since i was 14! I definately noticed it got worse when my Mum passed away when i was 16. For years the doctors have told me its due to stress, ive been to concelling and all sorts of CBT! Im now 24 and i still just cant stop, its my guilty pleasure...i hate it and i love it!

Ive tried keeping my hands busy, ive tried eating chewing gum! I've got a bold patch on top of my head and two each side behind my ears! I tell myself 'One more pull, then im stopping forever' - i can never stick to it, its always one more!
I don't feel stressed within myself? so why am i still doing it? ughhh!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Rebecca!!
HAY94LEY

x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebecca,

I started pulling when I was around 10, and I am now 22.

The doctor tried psychologists and CBT with me, but none of that ever worked. I think it takes a bit more than talking sometimes.

I am two weeks pull free at the moment, Usually I get upset about it, think I am going to try but I end up failing.

It was something very strange this time that triggered me to try and stop. I have pulled out most of my hair and just have small patches of hair that I manage to wear extensions on and cover my head. I have very low self esteem because of this, and can really only wear my hair (extensions) in a ponytail.

I went on to a virtual makeover site, and tried on different hairstyles to see what I would look like with a full head of hair again. This gave me a massive boost to try and fight this.

Will-power has been my best friend through all of this, and when I put my hand up to my head, I stop and I look at the pictures I saved of myself with a full head of hair.

I have also downloaded some games on my phone that you need to use two hands for, this has occupied me at night while watching TV.

You can fight this too, you don't sound like you have done too much damage to your hair, so fix it before it gets worse.

Read forums or look at pictures from before your trichotillomania when you feel like you can't do it.

We are all routing for you.

Take care,
Hayley x
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebecca,

I have been pulling since a teenager, and before that I use to be a hair chewer. It has been a roller coaster ride going through life with trichotillomania. Pulling the hair on the scalp is calming, unfortunately. I know what you mean by it being something you love and hate at the same time. Do try to keep your hands busy with other things. The coloring books for adults are good. Post here often. Join the pull freeathon. Posting daily about your progress give you the needed push sometimes.

I hope you are doing well and sending many pull free vibes your way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Scalp All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: