[ Genetics ]

·Gene Variation Could Explain Trichotillomania in Some Families
·Research in Mice may hold more clues to our condition
·A Cure is not so Obscure
·Feel Good Factor missing in Trichsters
·Trichster Profile
·Is Trichotillomania Genetic?

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Shredding split ends, is this Trichotillomania?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shredding split ends, is this Trichotillomania?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lcie

x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Shredding split ends, is this Trichotillomania? Reply with quote

Hi all,

For as long as I can remember I've ran split ends between my finger nails to make them split more, and shed them, sometimes i pull the ends apart. I'm not sure if this is actually Trichotillomania, does anybody else do this? Often I don't realise I'm doing it, and when I do realise, I can't stop myself. For what it's worth, I pull out eyelashes, eyebrows, leg hair, etc. but this is less often.

TIA

Lcie
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! This is how my trichotillomania started. I was obsessed with split ends. I would bite the hair off to get rid of them and ended up with uneven, scraggly ends. Then I got the bright idea that I would only search and bite the fallen ones, well soon I had checked all the fallen ones and started running my fingers through to get more fallen ones, then I started tugging harder and harder. It is a vicious cycle. It seems there are many unique rituals surroundings people and their trichotillomania. Come back for more support and resources!

It is a long road, but you can put it behind you!

Rachel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: