Search

Languages

Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

Therapy
[ Therapy ]

·Forgiveness

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - Not sure if my daughter has trichotillomania
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not sure if my daughter has trichotillomania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leki

x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Not sure if my daughter has trichotillomania Reply with quote

Hi All

I am very new to this but my 15 year old daughter came to me last night and asked to speak to me. Basically during a very emotional conversation she told me she was picking at the split ends in her hair and she couldn't stop and felt her hair was getting thinner and very damaged as a result. I wasn't really sure what was happening but my daughter has suffered anxiety in the past and has recently been sitting her mocks for her GCSEs so I didn't want to brush it off in anyway.

I have been reading on the internet today (I know, the worse thing you can do!) and from what she had been telling me about her compulsion to do this I was basically directed to lots of sites about trichotillomania.

Having read the stories on those sites though I'm just not sure what she is suffering and how I can help her before it gets worse.

Any tips would be really helpful as feeling a bit lost here.

Thanks, L
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I am so sorry to hear your daughter is suffering from anxiety. I am a split end hunter too. I feel some sort of pleasure knowing that my hair is rid of one more. Of course all of the hunting and feeling damages the hair and causes more split ends. It has led to pulling with me, and I always check the ends to see if one was split. It is so much worse whenever I am anxious about something.
Your daughter is lucky to have you on her side. Listen, look into treatments, and be there for her. Please come back and let us know how she is doing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Meetings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: