Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

Trisha The Trichster
[ Trisha The Trichster ]

·Trisha the Trichster in
·Trisha The Trichster in Post Holiday Hammocks
·Trisha the Trichster in the Great Eyeshadow Eclipse

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - How are you feeling today?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are you feeling today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Just How I'm Feeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand Neo and wish I could get off this self destructive binge I am on I lost 50 pounds last year. The steroids and sitting around all the time packed on all of those unwanted pounds. Well, the weight is creeping up and I will justify the chips and chocolate knowing it is no good for me in any way, shape, or form. Plus it makes me feel bad about myself, which causes me to twirl my hair non stop. I have got to find my happy place again. There is no reason I should be this way and I struggle to understand.

Going to get a pedicure today, should save the money, but desperate for feel better!

Sad
Neomie
Webmistress/Coach
Webmistress/Coach

x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Naomi

I am delighted to see you are keeping the self-care up with the pedicure.

PLEASE don't eat unhealthy foods - really neither of us can afford to, having both survived cancer.

Today I have been writing to my clients about the skill of restraint, and I am certainly willing to exercise dietary restraint if you will, Naomi.

Most people learn about self-restraint from the age of 5 upwards, and continue learning about it throughout life. However like any skill, the ability of each person differs. We are said to have an impulse control problem, and therefore a problem with self-restraint. I don't know if that is a helpful outlook so I choose not to accept that label and to triumph against my negative urges. Realistically, though, the result of this is I swing about from almost perfect resistance of urges to almost complete relapse.

I commit, today, to strengthen my urge resistance muscle and develop a thriving mentality.

It is a good day - and life is getting better every day. Today I feel good - how about you?

Love and freedom
Neo
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you on this one. I go from being so in control to out of control with my eating. I lost 50 pounds last year because I could refuse anything but protein, then I started eating them again a little at a time. I cannot understand how I can go from being totally dedicated and strict, to being complacent about things. I use to run three miles every day, now I cannot find the dedication to do that. On one positive point, I went for a physical today and the doctor had taken my blood last week, he said he cannot find a single thing to fuss at me about. Everything was perfect. This should make me happy, but I was healthy as a horse when I was told I had cancer. I feel I can't trust my body! Does that make sense to you Neomie??? I feel scared to relax and believe everything is ok. Anyway, he did give me patches and pills for the pain I am in with the sciatica nerve problem I am having. You are right, it is a good life and I need to constantly say that to myself over and over. I hope onee day I can feel in control! Champers Champers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Just How I'm Feeling All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: